Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Bottom Rows....


I loved Sunflower Gatherings from the minute I first saw it.  A 2014 Summer Block of the Week program, I had to have been one of the first ten people to sign up.  I was enchanted with the dragonfly. The bright colors totally went with my home.  There's nothing like getting quilt stuff in the mail. It was like Christmas once a week-- every week during the Summer.

But my son got married, My job took some twists and turns. A season changed. Christmas projects came to the front of the line.  Who wants to work on Sunflowers with 3 feet of snow on the ground?

But alas, the snow does melt. Porch sitting returns and I was ready for handwork again. I didn't want to fund a new project.  My kitchen got the extra funding this Summer.

 I want to believe that I don't quit.  It's important to me.  So I pulled out the blocks. I realized I had more not finished than I had even sewn last year.  So I got busy.

The photo is a pictures of the final rows.  I'm going to sew them together --- Now On to the the Borders....

I hear rumors...Christmas Gatherings is coming out soon.

5 comments:

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Hi Melanie, I have those blocks too, but have not started on them yet! You are doing a wonderful job...pushes me to get going! I love your pumpkins too in the next post! Hugs, Mary

Marie said...

Wow it is beautiful love it too! I love to follow your posts. Take care. Hugs, Marie

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Glad that you rescued those sunflowers from UFO-land. ;-) I love it.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous quilt and love the colors.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

This is darling! So nice to see what you've been talking about for so long. Great project!