Sunday, October 04, 2015

Wool Applique

Hand work is my permission slip to sit still on the couch and listen to television at night.  Don doesn't get how I can be into a tv show without actually seeing it.  I don't know.  It just works for me.  I can't tell you things that happen if they weren't spoke, but I completely enjoy sitting close to Don while I do it.

I am a planner.  Holiday details, Work details, appointments -- I'm on top of it.  But when it comes to quilting I fall short.  Yesterday the strawberry quilt was proof.  A girlfriend wrote me and said I wasn't behind, I was ahead for next year.

I don't feel the Christmas thing  in June and it's hard to work on a pumpkin quilt at Easter Spring time.  But there's nothing more "Holiday" spirited that to look in the living room and see that wicker basket filled with the makings of a pumpkin quilt -- right now, in the season that it belongs.


This is a Heart to Hands Block of the Month quilt.  I just bought the patterns and I'm using wool I have on hand. The backgrounds I purchased quilt shopping with Carolyn my daughter-in-law, so I keep her in the loop on my progress. She doesn't quilt, but is the first to grab the car keys and take me shopping when I visit.


Every house should have pumpkins this time of year.





6 comments:

Karen said...

I love to do handwork with the television going. I get more done without it but not as enjoyable.

Anonymous said...

I am the same way with handwork :o) Also with working in the season on seasonal items. I am working on Harvest Moon right now. I know it won't be done anytime soon, but that's okay. Working on the pumpkins puts me in the fall mood.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I love doing handwork too while hubby watches his favorite programs. If I am not doing handwork I am reading blogs.

Dottie said...

I love these blocks! I also love to "listen to the television" and stitch on a project. Can't wait to see this finished!!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love your blocks! I have to have something going while I do handwork ... if not the television, then an audiobook.

Ruth said...

I love to have hand work to do while watching TV and it is possible to peek up between stitches to see what's happening. I love your blocks and I made a couple wool appliqué items with pumpkins for fall, as I didn't have very much. Now, it is better!